Sunday, July 19, 2009

Don't stop until you get enough.

String my heart along a pop melody and tell me, "Do you remember the time?" Oh Mr. Jackson you know my mind so well. Lately I get nothing but those times that I wish to extract from my brain. Like those 4 am phone calls. I am just waiting for the waves to wash over the sand and make it untouched again. Clean slate.

I wish I could write my own eulogy. I would point out all the little quirks about myself that no one else ever noticed. I would say, Whenever she finished a book, she would get the chills down her spine and feel a deep well of sadness because the end really came. She always longed for someone to sleep in her bed just so that she could hear the beating of another heart next to her to know that she was safe. She had the ability to wake up to every text message she would get while she was sleeping.

Now more than ever am I noticing that there really are more fish in the sea, perhaps those that would even remember my little quirks.

It's time to cleanse.

let them go- the
truthful liars and
the false fair friends
and the boths and
neithers-you must let them go they
were born
to go

-E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment